Yep, this cilantro lime wild rice tastes similar to Chipotle’s! Chipotle’s burrito bowls are my go-to “junk food” meal when we remain in a rush. Also, this homemade wild rice has actually ended up being a kitchen area staple. It’s so flexible.
If you have this cilantro lime wild rice in the refrigerator, you can throw up a meal in a rush. Include beans or prepared eggs, leading with some salsa or guacamole, and you’ll have a burrito bowl in 10 minutes. If you have remaining greens or veggies, this is the best method to utilize them up.
This cilantro lime wild rice is likewise a terrific side meal that will complete your Mexican-themed meals or anything that comes off your grill this summer season. It begins with a base of completely prepared wild rice, a healthy entire grain. I typically stir in a can of well-rinsed black beans for some additional protein.
I initially developed this dish for my cookbook, Love Real Food. If you have not attempted those burrito bowls yet (page 142), you have actually been losing out on a scrumptious and fast weeknight meal. I’m sharing the dish for the rice here, simply in case!
Cilantro Lime Wild Rice Ingredients
I designed this dish off Chipotle’s active ingredients for their cilantro lime rice. Chipotle states, “We simmer the whole-grain rice with bay delegates include tasty tastes, then season it with lemon and lime juices and toss it with cilantro for a somewhat tart, fresh taste.”
Here’s what you’ll require to make this dish:
Long-Grain Wild Rice
Long-grain wild rice is essential. I like its somewhat nutty taste and the natural separation of the grains. I usually purchase the Lundberg Farms brand name (red bag).
We’ll prepare the rice with a bay leaf, which instills the rice with a subtle layer of tasty taste.
Sliced cilantro includes a burst of fresh taste to this rice dish. It’s not total without it.
You can’t make cilantro lime rice without lime! You’ll require the juice from about 1 medium lime for this dish.
That’s right, there’s lemon juice in your cilantro-lime rice! Lemon cheers up the taste and complete the lime. Chipotle utilizes a lime-and-lemon citrus juice mix for their dishes, however we’ll utilize a capture of fresh lemon juice rather.
You have actually most likely discovered a light shine on Chipotle’s rice, and it’s since they have actually included oil. Stirring in a little oil includes richness and avoids the rice from clumping together. Chipotle utilizes canola, sunflower or rice bran oil, however I like to utilize minimally processed extra-virgin olive oil rather.
Utilizes for Cilantro Lime Wild Rice
Cilantro lime rice goes terrific with your Mexican and Tex-Mex meals. Here are some serving concepts.
Make Burritos or Burrito Bowls
Serve this rice with any mix of the following:
- Beans: Refried Beans or prepared beans
- Salsa: Pico de Gallo, Red Salsa or Salsa Verde
- Avocado: Guacamole or Avocado Sauce or fresh avocado pieces
- Do not miss out on the burrito bowls in my cookbook, Love Real Food (revealed listed below).
Function As a Side Meal
Cilantro lime rice is the best side meal. Here are some entrées that would work out:
- Tacos: Legendary Vegetarian Tacos or any of these enjoyable choices
- Enchiladas: Vegetable Black Bean Enchiladas or Black Bean Sugary Food Potato Enchiladas or Roasted Vegetable Enchilada Casserole
- More Mexican Classics: Quesadillas, Huevos Rancheros and more
Please let me understand how your rice ends up in the remarks. I’m constantly so excited to speak with you.
Cilantro Lime Wild Rice
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare Time: thirty minutes
- Overall Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1/2 cups 1 x
- Classification: Side meal
- Approach: Prepared
- Food: Mexican
This cilantro lime wild rice dish is the best side meal for Mexican meals! It tastes similar to Chipotle’s, and it’s so simple to make. Dish yields 4 1/2 cups, enough for 4 portions.
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain wild rice or brown basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from about 1 lime) *
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (from 1 little lemon)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Bring a big pot of water to boil over high heat. Gather the rinsed rice and drop in the bay leaf. Offer the mix a short stir and let it boil for thirty minutes, lowering the heat if essential to avoid overflow.
- Drain pipes the rice, return it to the pot, cover, and let it rest for 10 minutes off the heat. Dispose of the bay leaf and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Include the cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and stir to integrate. Taste and include extra salt if essential (I typically include an additional 1/4 teaspoon). Cover till you’re prepared to serve.
- Remaining rice will keep well in the fridge, covered, for as much as 5 days.
Dish initially released in my cookbook, Love Real Food (page 142).
Modification it up: For some additional protein, stir one can of well-rinsed black beans (or 1 1/2 cups prepared black beans) into the rice after cooking.
▸ Nutrition Info
The info revealed is a price quote supplied by an online nutrition calculator. It needs to not be thought about a replacement for an expert nutritional expert’s recommendations. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
Check Out Complete Short Article https://cookieandkate.com/cilantro-lime-brown-rice-recipe/ .