When it’s blazing hot outdoors, this cucumber tomato salad is precisely what I wish to consume. This dish is crisp and rejuvenating, light yet pleasing.
This salad includes fresh cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, not-too-much red onion, fresh herbs and optional feta cheese. When tossed in Greek dressing, this fundamental mix is additional evidence that summer produce does not require much aid to taste magnificent.
Bring this tomato cucumber salad dish to your next party, or serve it in your home as a side salad. It keeps well for numerous days in the fridge.
I enjoy leftovers with sandwiches this salad would be best with my Caprese Sandwich, Vegetarian “BLT” Sandwich or Green Goddess Hummus Sandwich. Hope you’ll make it quickly!
Cucumber Tomato Salad Active Ingredients
However obviously! Usage one English cucumber or more Persian cucumbers for this salad. I choose these ranges to basic garden cucumbers due to the fact that their skin isn’t bitter and they are additional crisp. That stated, you can utilize a routine cucumber if that’s what you have taste it initially, and peel half or all of the skin if it tastes bitter.
Cherry tomatoes are best for this salad due to the fact that they’re little, delicious, and more fleshy than watery. Cut them in half if they’re small-to-medium in size, and quarter any bigger tomatoes.
Red onion can be overwhelming, so we’ll tame its strength by soaking it in ice water prior to utilizing. Just slice the onion and location it in a bowl of ice water while you prepare the staying components. Soaking likewise makes the onion additional crisp and good.
Optional Feta Cheese
You’ll enjoy this salad in either case. Feta uses little bursts of velvety, salted taste. Without it, this salad tastes additional light and rejuvenating, like a health club salad!
Fresh Basil or Dill
This salad is not total without fresh herbs. Utilize a mix of the 2 or all basil, whichever you choose.
Lastly, we’ll toss this salad with my go-to Greek salad dressing. It’s strong and zippy, so you can manage with less. Often salads of this nature are swimming in oil, however not this one.
You can either cut the salad dressing components in half for the best quantity for this salad, or even better, make the complete batch to delight in on green salads throughout the week.
More Summertime Salads to Take Pleasure In
These rejuvenating salads include summertime’s finest tomatoes and cucumbers:
- Easy Tomato Salad
- Fattoush Salad
- Gaby’s Cucumber Salad
- Treasure Caprese Salad with Burrata
- Layered Panzanella
Please let me understand how your salad ends up in the remarks. I enjoy speaking with you.
Cucumber Tomato Salad with Greek Dressing
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Overall Time: 20 minutes (plus 10 minutes resting time)
- Yield: 6 portions 1 x
- Classification: Salad
- Technique: By hand
- Food: Mediterranean
- Diet Plan: Gluten Free
This cucumber tomato salad dish is light, rejuvenating and best for summertime! Including fresh cucumber, cherry tomatoes, leafy herbs, optional feta and Greek dressing. Dish yields 6 side portions.
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into brief strips
- 1 English cucumber or 2 Persian cucumbers, very finely sliced into rounds
- 1 pint (2 cups) cherry tomatoes, cut in half or quartered if big
- 1/3 cup collapsed feta cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons very finely sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh dill or extra basil
- 1/3 cup Greek Salad Dressing *
- Location the onion in a little bowl of ice water and let it soak for a minimum of 5 minutes to tame the taste.
- In the meantime, integrate the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, optional feta, and herbs in a medium serving bowl. When the onions are drained pipes, include them to the bowl. Sprinkle the dressing over the salad and toss to integrate.
- For finest taste, let the salad rest for a minimum of 10 minutes prior to serving. This salad keeps well in the fridge, covered, for approximately 4 days.
* Dressing note: You’ll require about half of the complete salad dressing dish. Either divide the components in half to make simply what you require, or even better, make the complete batch for future salads! It will keep in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
Make it dairy free/vegan: Leave out the feta cheese.
▸ Nutrition Details
The details revealed is a quote offered by an online nutrition calculator. It must not be thought about a replacement for an expert nutritional expert’s guidance. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
Check Out Complete Post https://cookieandkate.com/cucumber-tomato-salad-recipe/ .