Fulfill my preferred granola bar dish. These granola bars are scrumptious and simple to make with fundamental kitchen active ingredients. You do not even need to bake them!
These granola bars can pass as a fast breakfast, and they make an ideal treat. I like to load these bars for journey and flights, and I like speaking with mommies who make these granola bars frequently for their kids. They’re a success with any ages.
As you’ll see, the dish is flexible, so you can quickly include your preferred tastes, like nuts, chocolate and dried fruit. You’ll discover my go-to flavorings in the dish listed below if you wish to follow my lead.
These granola bars have actually spared me from some hangry minutes recently. They’re pleasing, simply sweet enough, and stick to me for a couple of hours. Granola bars to the rescue!
Granola Bar Ingredients
Old-fashioned oats or quick-cooking oats will work here (steel-cut oats will not). Old-fashioned oats provide a more chewy, “rustic” texture. Quick-cooking oats vanish more into the bars. If wanted, you can quickly blitz old-fashioned oats in the food mill to attain the texture of quick-cooking oats.
Mix-ins of your option
Here’s where we include more taste! See listed below for alternatives.
Nut butter assists hold these bars together, and uses protein, healthy fat and fiber. You might utilize peanut butter, almond butter, and even pecan butter. For a nut-free alternative, sunflower butter will work.
Honey or maple syrup
These natural sweeteners likewise assist bind the bars together, and make these bars pleasantly sweet (though not too sweet). Or, make date paste from fresh Medjool dates. Dates provide extra fiber, while honey or maple syrup do not. See the dish notes for information.
Cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract
These include additional taste to your bars. Technically, you might leave out any or all of these, however the bars are more luring with them. Salt improves the taste of all the other active ingredients sufficed in half if you’re delicate to salt.
Watch How to Make Granola Bars
2 cups of mix-ins include taste, texture and more nutrients. Select from any mix of the following:
- Nuts: Pecans, walnuts, almonds, or peanuts would all work well.
- Seeds: Pepitas (green pumpkin seeds) or sunflower seeds are excellent alternatives. You might consume to 1/4 cup flax seeds or chia seeds these seeds soak up wetness, which is why I recommend restricting the amount.
- Chocolate: Mini chocolate chips are adorable. If utilizing routine chocolate chips or approximately sliced chocolate, blitz them for a couple of seconds in the food mill to break them into smaller sized pieces. Given that chocolate is sweet, restrict it to 3/4 cup or less.
- Coconut: Shredded or flaked coconut will work here. Unsweetened is best, considering that these are bars are sweet enough as is.
- Dried fruit: Dried cranberries, cherries, raisins, apricots, and so on. Given that these are sweet, restrict them to 3/4 cup or less. Any fruit bigger than a raisin will require to be separated a bit more either in the food mill or sliced by hand.
Granola Bar Variations
Here are some variations on this granola bar dish that I have actually developed for many years. I like them all!
- All Pecans: You can utilize usage 2 cups pecans as your mix-ins, and you might even make pecan nut butter to match (here’s my dish for pecan butter). Nut fans, this would deal with walnuts (most likely) or almonds, too.
- Almond Chocolate Chip: Usage sliced almonds and mini chocolate chips, or blitz entire almonds and chocolate chips in the food mill prior to utilizing.
- Almond Coconut: Usage equivalent parts almonds and coconut flakes or shredded coconut.
- Cranberry Orange: Utilize a mix of dried cranberries, pecans, pepitas and fresh orange enthusiasm. Given that this variation consists of a great deal of dried fruit, it’s the sweetest of them all.
Granola Bar Tips
These granola bars are rather basic to make, specifically if you have a food mill (affiliate link).
Slice up your active ingredients, if big.
These bars hold together best when the active ingredients are rather little. If utilizing almonds, you’ll wish to either begin with pre-sliced almonds, or slice them up in the food mill or by hand (very same chooses all nuts). It’s simple to toss all of your mix-ins into the food mill and blitz a couple of times.
Press the mix down as strongly as uniformly as possible.
Air pockets will trigger issues. Utilize a strong, flat-bottomed container to ensure the mix is pushed down entirely. You may then push down with your hands to guarantee it’s not attempting to slip up the sides or corners.
Let the mix rest for one hour or longer prior to utilizing.
The oats require a long time to absorb the wetness in the nut butter and sweetener. Chill the mix for a minimum of one hour (or as long as a day) prior to slicing.
Slice and keep effectively.
Utilize a sharp chef’s knife to slice these bars. I like to slice them into squares. Another alternative would be to slice them into bars like this. I believe the squares are a bit more tough. Make certain not to stack the bars on top of each other, or they can stick. You can keep them flat, covered, or cover them separately in cling wrap or parchment paper.
Please let me understand how your granola bars end up in the remarks! I like speaking with you.
Trying to find healthier treats? Attempt my preferred granola dish, sweet and hot roasted nuts, stovetop popcorn, or see a variety of treats here.
Easy No-Bake Granola Bars
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Overall Time: 20 minutes (plus 1-hour chill time)
- Yield: 16 bars 1 x
- Classification: Treat
- Technique: No-bake
- Food: American
- Diet Plan: Gluten Free
This granola bar dish is so simple and scrumptious! These wholesome granola bars are naturally sweetened, gluten totally free, and the best healthy treat. Dish yields 16 bars.
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats or quick-cooking oats.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon great sea salt (if utilizing routine salt, downsize a bit).
- 2 cups mix-ins * (nuts, seeds, chocolate, shredded coconut or dried fruit).
- 1 cup velvety peanut butter or almond butter.
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Line a 9-inch square baker with 2 strips of criss-crossed parchment paper, cut to fit nicely versus the base and up the sides. The parchment paper will make it simple for you to slice the bars later on.
- Location the oats in a big blending bowl **. Include the cinnamon and salt, and stir to integrate. Reserve.
- Now we’ll blitz the mix-ins briefly in the food mill or mixer (or, you can slice them by hand). Include any big nuts (like almonds or pecans) initially and blitz for a couple of seconds. Then include the rest and run the maker for a couple of more seconds, up until the active ingredients are all separated into pieces smaller sized than your pinky nail. Put the mix-ins into the bowl of oats.
- In a 2-cup liquid determining cup, distribute the nut butter. Leading with 1/2 cup honey and the vanilla extract. Stir up until well mixed. If you must, you can carefully warm the liquid mix on the stovetop or in the microwave, however ensure it’s close to space temperature level prior to you put it into the dry mix (this is specifically essential if utilizing chocolate, considering that it will melt).
- Put the liquid active ingredients into the dry active ingredients. Utilize a huge spoon to blend them together up until the 2 are uniformly integrated and no dry oats stay. This takes some arm muscles, however you can do it! If the mix was simple to blend together, that’s an indication that you require to include some more oats spray in more oats up until you can’t include anymore.
- Transfer the mix to the ready square baker. Utilize your spoon to set up the mix relatively uniformly in the baker, then utilize the bottom of a flat, round surface area (like a brief, tough drinking glass) to load the mix down as strongly and uniformly as possible.
- Cover the baker and cool for a minimum of one hour, or ideally over night. (The oats require time to absorb a few of the wetness so they aren’t sticky.) When you’re prepared to slice, raise the bars out of the baker by getting both pieces of parchment paper on opposite corners. Utilize a sharp knife to slice the bars into 4 even columns and 4 even rows.
- Wrap specific bars in cling wrap or parchment paper (if you keep them completely, they will adhere to one another). Bars keep well for numerous days at space temperature level, a number of weeks in the refrigerator, or numerous months in a freezer-safe bag in the freezer for finest taste.
* Mix-in alternatives: Any mix of nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, and so on), seeds (pepitas or sunflower seeds), chocolate chips or approximately sliced chocolate, shredded coconut and/or dried cranberries or cherries. For the bars revealed here, I utilized 1 cup pecan halves, 1/2 cup pepitas, 1/4 cup shredded coconut and 1/4 cup approximately sliced dark chocolate. Bear in mind that anything bigger than your pinky nail will require to be burglarized smaller sized pieces. If you do not have a food mill, slice them by hand.
** Granola bar texture: If you’re utilizing old-fashioned oats and would choose a more smooth, less chewy texture (displayed in my pictures), blitz your oats in a food mill for 3 to 5 seconds to break them up. Then, include them to the bowl.
Modification it up: These bars can be sweetened (primarily) with Medjool dates, if you want to increase the fiber material. Soak 12 dates in piping warm water for 10 minutes, then tear them in half and eliminate their pits. Position them in a food mill with 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey and mix up until entirely smooth.
Make it gluten totally free: Make certain to utilize accredited gluten-free oats.
Make it nut totally free: Do not utilize nuts (pepitas and sunflower seeds are excellent alternatives) and change the nut butter with sunflower butter.
Make it vegan: Usage maple syrup rather of honey.
▸ Nutrition Details
The info revealed is a quote offered by an online nutrition calculator. It ought to not be thought about a replacement for an expert nutritional expert’s guidance. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
Check Out Complete Short Article https://cookieandkate.com/best-granola-bars-recipe/ .