Thanks to the other day’s huge news, I remain in rather a celebratory state of mind today. What much better method to commemorate my Saveur election for “finest cooking blog site” than with a cold pineapple mixed drink! Clinks all around, pals. I still can’t think it.
This little number is not for the faint of heart; it’s strong, spicy, sweet and natural simultaneously. The sweet taste of the pineapple juice and cooling result of cilantro diffuse the spiciness of the serrano so it does not overwhelm the taste buds. This mixed drink is a reward, so drink gradually and relish it like it costs 10 dollars.
I initially meant to get expensive and make some more serrano-infused tequila for this post. Serranos are so high up the Scoville scale that serrano-infused tequila just needs twenty to half an hour worth of leaking time. Nevertheless, I’m constantly one for pleasure principle (specifically when I’m thirsty), and I determined that you can merely muddle a little piece of serrano pepper rather. Cheers to that!
Pineapple Cilantro Serrano Mixed Drink
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Overall Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 beverage 1 x
- Classification: Mixed Drink
- Food: Mexican
This revitalizing mixed drink is made with pineapple juice, tequila, cilantro and serrano pepper. It’s strong, spicy, sweet and natural simultaneously. Delicious!
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1/2 little lime, juiced
- 1 little, round piece of serrano pepper (⅛ th to 1/4 th-inch thick)
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 3 ounces quality pineapple juice
- agave nectar (optional), to taste
- In a mixed drink shaker or glass, muddle the cilantro, lime juice and piece of serrano.
- Fill the shaker with ice and gather the tequila, pineapple juice and a light drizzle of agave nectar (optional). Shake well, and pressure the mix over ice in a mixed drink glass.
- Garnish minimally with a lime round, or get expensive with a piece of pineapple and sprig on cilantro on a mixed drink choice.
- Do not hesitate to avoid the serrano if you’re delicate to spice.
- I didn’t feel the requirement to include any agave nectar to my beverage, however I’ll let your palate choose if you require it.
- I attempted muddling up fresh portions of pineapple, however they didn’t yield enough juice to warrant the effort or the squandered pulp. I much choose R.W. Knudsen’s natural pineapple juice to the canned things.
- If you feel lost in the tequila aisle, I like Milagro’s 100% agave tequila, which can be found in a cool bottle. Milagro ruined me by sending me a couple of bottles to attempt, however I just discuss it here due to the fact that it is damn excellent things!
▸ Nutrition Info
The details revealed is a quote offered by an online nutrition calculator. It ought to not be thought about an alternative to an expert nutritional expert’s guidance. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
Check Out Complete Short Article https://cookieandkate.com/pineapple-cilantro-serrano-cocktail/ .