This post is given you by Vitamix.
Summer season is practically here! I can feel it. I’m downright giddy about the surge of vibrant summer fruit at the farmers’ markets today.
It appears serendipitous that the most popular season of the year would produce produce that barely needs any aid. I deal with ripe strawberries like dessert; simply rinse and consume.
Among my preferred methods to delight in fresh fruit remains in agua fresca type. Agua frescas are rejuvenating fruit beverages made just of fruit mixed with water, lime juice and a little bit of sweetener.
Aguas frescas are popular in Mexico and Central America, although I bought the most unbelievable pineapple agua fresca in Austin, Texas, previously this year.
I’m very little of a juice drinker, however I enjoy agua frescas since they can be served unfiltered. So, unlike routine juice, you’re drinking up all the fiber that is fundamental in the fruit instead of filtering it out.
In theory, that indicates that they will not trigger rather the blood glucose spike that routine juices can. Plus, you can make it in a mixer and avoid the filtering action.
Watch How to Make Aguas frescas
The Very Best Fruit for Aguas Frescas
I explored by making agua frescas with many type of fruit. Here are my favorites:
- Cucumber, specifically with fresh mint
- Honeydew melon
- Watermelon (it’s so juicy that you do not require to include any water; see my watermelon juice dish)
I do not advise these fruits:
- Cherries developed into a cherry lime-aid, however their color altered quite rapidly.
- Blueberries and blackberries weren’t sweet sufficient and necessary infiltrating a great mesh screen to get rid of the seeds.
The crucial to making completely smooth, unfiltered agua frescas is a high-powered mixer. Vitamix sent me their Vitamix Specialist Series 750 mixer, which takes “high powered” to a brand-new level!
This device is incredible. It has an overall of 5 pre-programmed settings for making healthy smoothies (which is the setting I utilized to make these beverages), hot soups (no range needed!), frozen desserts and purées. The 5th setting is a cleansing setting to make certain the container is spotless once you’re done. I truly like the tamper that includes the mixer, which lets me lower any ice or nuts that require aid in extremely thick mixes.
It’s completely wonderful to change fresh produce into brand-new types with simply journalism of a button. My brand-new Vitamix mixes up extremely smooth agua frescas in less than a minute flat! Summer season, turning up.
How to Make Aguas Frescas
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Overall Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: About 2 cups 1 x
- Classification: Juice
- Technique: Mixed
- Food: Mexican
These agua frescas are exceptionally rejuvenating, unfiltered fruit juices that are best for summer.
Components per serving, increase as required
- 1 cup approximately sliced fruit (I advise hulled strawberries, peeled cucumber, cantaloupe or pineapple)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 medium lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon pure walking stick sugar or agave nectar or sweetener of option (if your fruit is completely ripe and sweet, you might not require any sweetener at all)
- Optional: 2 big mint leaves (best with cucumber)
- In your mixer container, integrate the fruit, water, lime juice, sweetener and optional mint leaves. Purée till smooth utilizing the shake function. Taste and, if required, include more lime and/or sweetener, then mix briefly once again.
- Serve instantly, over ice.
▸ Nutrition Info
The details revealed is a quote offered by an online nutrition calculator. It ought to not be thought about a replacement for an expert nutritional expert’s guidance. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
This post was sponsored by Vitamix and I got payment for my involvement. Viewpoints are my own, constantly. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who support C+K!.
Check Out Complete Short Article https://cookieandkate.com/aguas-frescas-recipe/ .